Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Peer Pressure

So, since even the slightest amount of pressure gets to me, I present you with this little experiment.  I've wanted to make a comic for awhile now.  Nothing mind blowing, just in a style that fits me, with a story that doesn't suck.  Seems like a modest request of myself, yet everytime I've sat down to create that, my brain takes control and turns it into a quest to make the "perfect" project.

So after *cough* years of fighting myself and the failed attempts to create the most perfect work EVAR, I came to a compromise that my brain and i agree on.  I'm going to "practice" making a comic with an idea that i don't care about at all.  A complete homework assignment for myself.  I get to practice all the things necessary for when i actually get a good idea, and it turns out that its pretty fun just to go through the motions.

My office has a rich lore just among its employees, so i borrowed some characters from some lunch time conversations i've had with them, and voila!  They write a story for me without it being a real chore, and i get to practice layout, inking, etc.  Here's some samples of that:

















































20 comments:

mister X said...

Nice page, great style!
Good color!

Cade Halada said...

Sweet. Really like where this is going. Bravo.

Aaron Ludwig said...

Holy crap. This is awesome.
Can't wait to see more!

Jesse Hamm said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see more! (No pressure -- ha ha.) So glad you're doing some comics.

("Two bits" is only one coin, BTW.)

El Fro said...

wtb more Cory comics.

Nikki Lukas said...

beautiful drawings and colors

Jeremy Thompson said...

Uh yeah, you better continue this because I want to know where it's going. And your style is fantastic.

Randall Sly said...

Cory,

I would like to interview you for the Character Design Blog. Could you email me at characterdesign@gmail.com

looking forward to hearing from you.

Octavio E. Rodriguez said...

Man, this is cool. Keep up with this story!

Joshua James said...

looks great.. can't wait to see more!

Joshua Middleton said...

Beautiful. If this is what you do when you don't care, I can hardly imagine what that "perfect" project will look like. Keep up the fantastic work.

Sam Nielson said...

I would so read this comic.

Timothy J Lamb said...

beautiful beautiful

Enrique Fernandez said...

Keep doing great stuff like this! Please!!!! Bravo!!

Miguel Angel Duran said...

What's next!? Can't wait. (no pressure, hehe)

nlombardo said...

beautiful drawins mang!

Julia Bax said...

You should do more of this and publish it! Because it looks *amazing* and I love the protagonist =)
I like the rough finish as well.

Tooninator said...

these panels are AMAZING! Love the style

Jorge Ruiz said...

Caracas? Venezuela?

remas haytham said...

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
شركة تخزين عفش بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مدارس بالدمام
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالدمام
شركة مكافحة الفئران بالدمام
شركة مكافحة بق الفراش بالدمام
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف واجهات حجر بالدمام
شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام
شركة تنظيف اثاث بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام